lundi 2 mai 2011

urbanities: benches

Isn't it strange thinking of summer in winter and of winter in summer... it is now getting hot and sunny and the days are getting longer, yet a few months back and in a few months time it will be, for some parts of the world, all snow and short days again!
This picture was taken in Düsseldorf, in Germany. People usually walk along the Rhein, and maybe have a sit down and a chat, especially as the sun sets over Oberkassel...but in winter it is more of a sport to chose your bench.
So people gather in the Altstadt for a Glühwein on the Christmas market. It gets really animated. People meet there after work, or with friends or for Christmas shopping, you find funny things it is fun and great for silly christmas gadgets.
But what I like best about Düsseldorf is walking along the Rhein.
So here is to continue on the winter note
magic trees forever
 This reminded me of a Narnia tree somehow.
The Düsseldorf turm (tower) lights up at night in a very pretty way. It is supposed to be a clock actually, but I always forget the system, I have to work it out each time, only if I have a normal clock nearby. It defeats the purpose, but it's fun. And sometimes I just look at the pretty lights and forget about the clock.
That day it had been snowing no end.
So there were snowmen all along the Rhein... with carrots up their noses!



I remember my fingers going numb with cold and the end of my nose felt like it was about to freeze...
Anyway it was crazy weather. And it was crazy flying back too! Airports blocked in Paris and all...
The weather was pretty much the same in Paris.
so this is my point. The good thing about summer is that you can actually sit on benches!
:o)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Laissez moi un message...