dimanche 17 juillet 2011

a friend's wise words

Yesterday I was speaking to a friend
I was feeling sad
I said to him
why do people change
why do people not keep promises
promises to themselves
promises to others
why do they dissapoint me
why do they let themselves down
my heart is feeling sad
full of shattered hopes and broken dreams
if I pursue the friendship I compromise my ethics and name
if I give up the friendship I give up a piece of myself and past

but he said
did this friendship not take you further
and teach you
and allow you to discover places
of the world and of yourself
and life and truth
you might not have met otherwise
be not sad
be grateful
you did not misplace your time
what must be must be
so let it be
and maybe
the friendship that has been
leaves room for more to come


a wise and soothing friend indeed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Laissez moi un message...